Temporarily out of stock
Title: Laying Down the Law: 11th edition
Author: CREYKE R ET AL
Publication date: 11/11/2020
Publishing status: Active
Laying Down the Law provides a comprehensive and accessible introduction to the study of law. Essential foundation topics covered include Australia’s legal system and sources of law while discussion of current issues highlights the context in which our legal system operates and the role and responsibilities of the legal profession.
Clear explanations of precedent and statutory interpretation provide a solid basis for legal study and practice, and practical examples and exercises support learning and the development of key skills. A legal toolkit and marginal notes provide additional information to develop understanding of key concepts. The book is supported by a range of online materials to consolidate knowledge and skills.
The eleventh edition has been extensively revised throughout, with several chapters substantially re-written. It includes a new chapter on going to law that explains the legal dispute resolution processes in Australia.
* Engaging and relevant for new students of law
* Content is clear, accurate and reliable
* AGLC 4th ed citation style used throughout the text to support student compliance with widely adopted citation rules
* Clear explanations and practical examples and exercises develop legal reasoning, research and writing skills through problem based learning
* Comprehensive online package of lecturer and student materials delivers time savings for lecturers and self-guided practice and revision for students
* Bott & Talbot Stokes, Effective Legal Research, 7th ed, 2018
* Jones, Nettheim & Chisholm, Understanding Law: An Introduction to the Australian Legal Systems, 9th ed, 2021
* Corbett-Jarvis & Grigg, Effective Legal Writing: A Practical Guide, 3rd ed, 2021
* Hall & Macken, LexisNexis Guides: Legislation and Statutory Interpretation, 5th ed, 2021
* Hall & Macken, Statutory interpretation: Principles and Context, 2021
* Stuhmcke, LexisNexis Guides: Legal Referencing, 5th ed, 2019